We collect personal information from our club users through various means. This personal information may include the following: your name, date of birth, contact information, preferred communication methods, training aspirations, company name (in the case of a corporate membership), bank details and credit card details.
We also collect the following information:
Sensitive Information: The term "sensitive information" in this context refers to information related to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership. Whilst we do not generally collect sensitive information unless it is volunteered by you, we do specifically collect health data to the extent that it is required to assess your readiness for physical exercise. By providing the sensitive information to us, you are consenting to our using it in the manner set out in this Policy.
Photographs and Identification: In the interests of security and the prevention of crime, we may take a digital photograph of each GYMBOX member or guest. Each guest may also be required to provide a form of identification for verification and security purposes. By providing the digital photograph and/or form of identification to us, you are consenting to our using it in the manner set out in this Policy.
CCTV: We use CCTV in our clubs for health and security reasons. If you have any queries in relation to the use of CCTV operating in and around our clubs please contact us.
Surveys: We may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research and improvement purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
The above information may be used for the following purposes:
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contractual agreement, and to provide you with the information and products or services you request. These may include the facilitation of class bookings and the provision of services to us by our agreed third party providers;
• To process payments and maintain accounts and records, to prevent crime and aid in the prosecution of offenders, and to maintain membership records;
• To improve our platform, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical, research or other functions on our behalf;
• To send you newsletters and promotions and to conduct surveys, prize draws, competitions and other promotions via email, telephone or post;
• To notify you about changes to our services, terms and conditions, and club rules.
When visiting our website, (www.gymbox.com), contacting us by post, telephone or email, we may collect, store and use certain personal information that you disclose to us. This includes details such as your name, contact number, address and email as well as traffic data, location data, web logs, communication data and resources that you access, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We collect this information through different means and use these to help us improve our services based on the feedback provided. Examples of these are as follows.
• If you provide personal information as a means of communicating with us.
• If you enter a competition or promotion we may ask for specific information, for example your name and Email Address.
• We will collect information about your tastes and preferences, both when you tell us and by analysis of customer traffic, including using "cookies".
• If you provide your information to GYMBOX to make a comment about our services or website.
• To process your job application if you apply for employment at GYMBOX.
We adhere to strict security procedures covering the storage of your information in order to prevent unauthorised access and to comply with the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998. We may ask for proof of identity or for other personal information before we can process any enquiry further.
Please note that your information may be used to send you details of products or services we offer and have identified as likely to be of interest to you. This will be in accordance with the preferences that you indicated when you completed your initial application form or any document completed in club. Opt-out options are detailed within the communication sent by GYMBOX.
GYMBOX reserves the right to forward a members information to a third party debt collection agency in the event of non-payment of fees when due.
If the personal information you provide us is sensitive personal data within the meaning of the Data Protection Act 1998, such information, will only be disclosed with your full consent.
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using it to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. This means for instance that data you pass to us may be processed outside the European Economic Area, although the data will always be held securely and in line with the requirements of UK data protection legislation. By communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal data in this way.
A cookie is a small piece of information sent by a web server to a web browser, which enables the server to collect information from the browser. Find out more about cookies on https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/
Most browsers will allow you to turn off cookies. If you want to know how to do this please look at the menu on your browser, or look at the instruction on https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/
Please note however that turning off cookies may restrict your use of our website.
If you have any concern about privacy at GYMBOX, please e-mail us a thorough description and we will try to resolve the issue for you.